Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Painting Pumpkins!


Don't forget, I used to be a preschool teacher. I'm used to chaos....

For those of you who don't know, after having Owen, I decided I would rather stay home with him while watching 2 little girls, instead of teaching and having him down the hall from me. It turned out to be the best decision ever. I LOVE spending every day with him, watching him learn and grow. I still want him to get the "preschool" experience; doing art projects, dancing, reading, etc, so on my most ambitious days, I pull out the paints!!

Owen and Lily thoroughly enjoyed this project, although half way through it, I questioned the mess. Owen had a roll away pumpkin, that just happened to go all the way across our dining room carpet. Good thing it's washable crayola paint! I'm sure he loved decorating the house with reds, yellows, and green, but it's really not my style. Lily had an orange and yellow streak in her hair, and with the amount of paint on their lips, I was sure they'd be pooping rainbows for a week! After the two covered their entire bodies, pumpkins, and papers with paint, it was time for a dunk in the tub!


No comments:

Post a Comment